Alpine, Ridgeline, Super Short 6, Timberline and Mountaineer Actions
These are the most accurate repeater hunting actions on the market. They are manufactured to true benchrest tolerances and yet are made to be reliable in the field.
Alpine Actions fit stocks inletted for Remington 700 short actions (Repeater action weighs 26 1/2 oz)
Ridgeline actions are a hybrid Remington 700 footprint. This model is intended for mid length cartridges such as the 6.5×284 Win, 257 Roberts, 6MM Remington, 300 WSM, 7 WSM, 270 WSM and the RSAUM family of cartridges.
Timberline Actions fit stocks inletted for Remington 700 Long actions (Repeater action weighs 28 1/2 ounces)
A Magnum version of each requires lengthening port opening in stock.
Effective September 1, 2016 we added the Mountaineer action to the lineup. It is available in long or short action and is available as repeater or single shot. The action is same footprint as Alpine and Timberline but do not have the lightening facets on side of action. It looks more traditional and if requested as ground finish it can be polished easily. The Mountaineer is also available with the mag well opening for AW magazines. The Mountaineer series also has Borden bump option and is referred to as Mountaineer RR. We are now taking orders for the Mountaineer Action model with integrated Recoil Lug. That model is available with three bolt fits 1) Regular Alpine 2) Rimrock 3) PRS. The PRS bolt fit has a Borden style bump at rear of bolt that has less than .002 inch clearance with action raceway hole and remainder is .006 inches to allow for the “dirt” experienced in PRS. Click here for more info and a picture of the Mountaineer action.
Effective December 24, 2018 we are taking orders for the new Super Short 6 receiver. Click here for more about this new receiver.
Effective 3/21/18 we are no longer offering Titanium action–we are filling the orders we have but have decided to remove them from our offerings.
- Action Footprint designed to be drop in for stocks inletted for Remington 700 (standard action now has straight machined handle and McMillan offers that inletting-Rem 700 handle still available for those that want to fit stocks already inletted for Rem 700 with Rem 700 handle)
- Hardened Stainless Steel Action Body(40 Rc)
- Hardened and ground 4140 Bolt Body (44 Rc)
- Alpine Class Bolt Body to Action Body clearance <.002 inch
- PRS or Modified bumps Bolt body to action body clearance in front of handle <.002 inch, remainder >005 to .006
- Bolt Face perpendicular within .0002 inch -This is best in industry
- Manufactured Right Hand or Left hand
- Bolt Head and lugs designed to smoothly fit action raceway so that “anti-bind rail” is not needed
- 1 1/16 x 18 TPI Threading for barrel tenon
- Neatly executed spiral fluting on bolt body (diamond fluting and helical flat also available on some models)
- Silver brazed on Borden Machined Bolt Handle (Remington 700 handle available as option)
- 4 Boltface Sizes (Dakota, magnum, 308, 223) the 308 boltface extractor can be set to be able to successfully extract and eject ppc cases
- 223 bolt faces, Super Short 6 and coned bolt faces use Sako style extractor
- repeater bolt faces unless otherwise noted use internal hook extractor
- Double blind pinned recoil lug is available as an option
- There are NO TAPS used in the manufature of these actions
- Thread Milled 8×40 Blind Scope block holes
- Thread Milled 1/4×28 Guard Screw Holes
- Standard and “Magnum” port length available for Alpine and Timberline.
- Remington and Wyatt magazine wells available Mountaineer, Alpine and Timberline. The Ridgeline has has either a WSM well or standard well. Both use custom magazine boxes and floorplate systems available from Borden Accuracy.
- Single shot and repeaters available in each model
- Proprietary feed rails designed to smooth feed even Short Magnums and Ultra Magnums
- Sako style or Internal Hook extractor available. picture of Internal Hook Extractor
- Borden Standard Machined Handle Standard on Right or left hand actions
- Borden “Big Knob” Handle or “Shortie Big Knob Handle Available on Right or left hand actions
- Threaded bolt Handle available with thread on knob
- Remington bolt handle is available as an option–be advised that Remington bolt handles may have casting marks and pits–they are what we receive from Remington and we are not responsible for the quality of these handles–we only offer for those that just have to have that handle
- Remington style nose on repeaters and thirty degree coned nose on single shots
Ring and Base options
Ring and base combinations made for Remington 700 actions will not work on Borden Alpine or Borden Timberline actions. The screw holes in our actions are 8×40 and are spaced .860 apart. The rear bridge is the same height as front receiver ring thereby eliminating the possibility of using bases made for the Remington 721/722/700 family of actions. Here are some options for Rings and bases we have available:
- Talley style bases made of 7050 Aluminum
- Talley unitized rings made for our actions. These rings do not utilize bases and are made specifically for our actions so that the foot of the ring fits within the scallops on the action.
- 1 piece Picatinny rails in neutral or 20MOA ramp made of aluminum or black oxide colored chrome moly steel
- Aluminum Dovetail bases for rings such as Kelbly or J&J
Models and Pricing
Pricing column may not show on mobile devices-Table best viewed on desktop computer
|Model Designation||Action Length (nominal-inches)||Action Diameter (nominal-inches)||Port Length (Inches)||Action Weight (Ounces)||Magazine Wells||Configurations||Price|
|Alpine||7.85||1.35||2.4||30 1/2||Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP; RBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 w/lug|
|Alpine||7.85||1.35||2.4||26 1/2||Remington 223 family; Remington 308 Family; Remington Short Magnum;||RBRP; LBLP ; RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160 with lug|
|Alpine Magnum||7.85||1.35||2.75||30||Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP;RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Alpine (setup for Hunter Benchrest-has coned nose and mag well-will not feed)||7.85||1.35||2.4||26 1/2||Remington Standard||RBRP;RBLP; LBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Alpine Magnum||7.85||1.35||2.75||26||Wyatt Length Repeater||RBRP; LBLP;RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Borden Super Short 6||7.85||1.35||2.25||27||special mag well for 6 BR uses special AICS detachable Mags||RBRP; LBLP||$1265 with pinned lug|
|Mountaineer Short Action (Alpine bolt fit)||7.85||1.35||2.75||Remington short 223, rem Short STD; Rem Short WSM;Wyatt Short STD; Wyatt Short WSM; AW; Single shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1095 without lug $1160 with lug|
|Mountaineer Short Action (Rimrock or PRS bolt fit)||7.85||1.35||2.75||Remington short 223, rem Short STD; Rem Short WSM;Wyatt Short STD; Wyatt Short WSM; AW; Single shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1300 without lug $1365 with lug|
|Mountaineer Short Action with integrated Lug (Alpine Bolt fit)||8.1||1.35||2.75||Remington short 223, rem Short STD; Rem Short WSM;Wyatt Short STD; Wyatt Short WSM; AW; Single Shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1225|
|Mountaineer Short Action with integrated Lug (Rimrock or PRS Bolt fit)||8.1||1.35||2.75||Remington short 223, rem Short STD; Rem Short WSM;Wyatt Short STD; Wyatt Short WSM; AW; Single shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1430|
|Ridgeline Action||8.22||1.35||3.12||27||Medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM||RBRP; LBLP||$1095 without lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Mountaineer Medium Action (Alpine bolt fit)||8.22||1.35||3.12||27||Single Shot medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM/RSAUM||RBRP; LBLP||$1095 without lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Mountaineer Medium Action (Rimrock or PRS bolt fit)||8.22||1.35||3.12||27||Single Shot Medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM/RSAUM||RBRP; LBLP||$1300 without lug $1365 with lug|
|Mountaineer Medium Action Integrated Lug(Alpine bolt fit)||8.45||1.35||3.12||27||Single Shot Medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM/RSAUM||RBRP; LBLP||$1225|
|Mountaineer Medium Action Integrated Lug(Rimrock or PRS bolt fit)||8.45||1.35||3.12||27||Medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP||$1430|
|Timberline||8.690||1.35||3.25||34 3/4||Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP ; RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline||8.690||1.35||3.25||29||Remington Std Mag and 30-06 Family; Remington Ultra Magnum||RBRP; LBLP; RBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline Magnum||8.690||1.35||3.5||34 1/4||Single Shot||RBRP;LBLP ;RBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline Magnum||8.690||1.35||3.5||28 1/2||Wyatt Std Magnum; Wyatt Ultra Magnum||RBRP;LBLP ;RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Mountaineer Long Action (Alpine Bolt fit)||8.690||1.35||3.5||Remington STD LONG; Rem ULTRA; Wyatt STD LONG; Wyatt LONG Ultra Single Shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 without lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Mountaineer Long Action (Rimrock or PRS bolt fit)||8.690||1.35||3.5||Remington STD LONG; Rem ULTRA; Wyatt STD LONG; Wyatt LONG Ultra Single Shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1300.00 without lug $1365.00 with lug|
|Mountaineer Long Action Integrated Lug(Alpine bolt fit)||8.940||1.35||3.5||Remington STD LONG; Rem ULTRA; Wyatt STD LONG; Wyatt LONG Ultra Single Shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1225|
|Mountaineer Long Action Integrated Lug(Rimrock or PRS bolt fit)||8.940||1.35||3.5||Remington STD LONG; Rem ULTRA; Wyatt STD LONG; Wyatt LONG Ultra Single Shot||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1430|
|Option||Price||Available in online store|
|PVD coat bolt||$80.00||no|
|PVD Coat bolt and shroud||$110.00||no|
|PVD action, lug, bolt, shroud, bolt stop, rail||$300.00||no|
|DLC bolt, action body, shroud, cocking piece, firing pin, bolt stop, lug and rail||$150.00||no|
|Coned Bolt Nose on Single Shot Models||NC||no|
|Optional Borden Big Knob, Shortie big Knob or Threaded Handle||$25.00||no|
|Optional Remington Bolt Handle||$50.00||no|
|M-16 style extractor on 308 or Magnum boltface (no longer available-see internal Hook extractor)||NA||no|
|Internal Hook Extractor on 308 and magnum boltfaces||NC||no|
|Jewell HVR or HVRTS Trigger Blueprinted||$350.00||no|
|Trigger Tech Special Trigger installed and adjusted||$225||yes|
|Trigger tech Diamond trigger installed and adjusted||$285||yes|
|Stainless Recoil lug pinned to action blind double pinned recoil lug||$65.00||no|
|.250 inch thick double ground recoil lug with pin holes and pins-not installed||$40.00||yes|
|Left Bolt Left Port||NC||no|
|Talley Style Bases (7075 T6051 AL)||$35.00||yes|
|Black oxide Steel Picatinny Rail (neutral or 20 MOA)||$125.00||yes|
|Aluminum 20 Moa Picatinny Rail||$110.00||yes|
|Special Talley Unitized 1 inch or 30MM Rings for Actions||$55.00||yes|
|Dovetail Bases for Kelbly Rings||$45.00||yes|
|ADL Style Machined Aluminum Trigger Guard||$38.00||yes|
|Short or long Action Machined BDL Floorplate with Remington or Wyatt Box, follower, spring, screws(FITTED)||$275.00||no|
|Short action or Long action machined BDL Floorplate with wyatt box, follower and spring||$300.00||no|
|Ridgeline Machined trigger guard/floorplate system with mag box, follower and spring||$300.00||no|
|Extra complete bolt assembly with extractor and firing pin and ejector||$525.00||no|
|Extra complete firing pin assembly||$165.00||no|
All of the Right hand and left hand versions of the Alpine and Timberline actions are available.
Call or email for current delivery times.
Your questions and business are important to us. Please feel free to email or call for Details 570-965-2505.
ALL DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
Prices Are Subject To Change Without Notice.
Shipping Charges Additional.
PA Residents Add 6% Sales Tax.
Non refundable Deposit Must Accompany All Action Or Complete Rifle Orders.
Shipment Will Not Be Made Until FFL Is Received.
We strive to make an exceptional quality product and in order to accomplish
that, delivery times are NOT guaranteed.
All Prices are listed as discounted cash prices-Check, Money order or credit card is same as cash
For general policies click here
Call to make an order
Borden Rifles, 1325 Sheldon Hill Road, Springville PA 18844
Prices are listed are for check, money order or MC, Visa, Discover