Alpine, Ridgeline, Timberline and Mountaineer Actions
These are the most accurate repeater hunting actions on the market. They are manufactured to true benchrest tolerances and yet are made to be reliable in the field.
Alpine Actions fit stocks inletted for Remington 700 short actions (Repeater action weighs 26 1/2 oz)
Ridgeline actions are a hybrid Remington 700 footprint. This model is intended for mid length cartridges such as the 6.5×284 Win, 257 Roberts, 6MM Remington, 300 WSM, 7 WSM, 270 WSM and the RSAUM family of cartridges.
Timberline Actions fit stocks inletted for Remington 700 Long actions (Repeater action weighs 28 1/2 ounces)
A Magnum version of each requires lengthening port opening in stock.
Effective September 1, 2016 we added the Mountaineer action to the lineup. It is available in long or short action and is available as repeater or single shot. The action is same footprint as Alpine and Timberline but do not have the lightening facets on side of action. It looks more traditional and if requested as ground finish it can be polished easily. The Mountaineer is also available with the mag well opening for AW magazines. The Mountaineer series also has Borden bump option and is referred to as Mountaineer RR. Click here for more info and a picture of the Mountaineer action.
The Alpine, Alpine Magnum, Ridgeline, Timberline and Timberline Magnum actions are available with Titanium body.
Alpine/Timberline Action Gallery
- Action Footprint designed to be drop in for stocks inletted for Remington 700 (standard action now has straight machined handle and McMillan offers that inletting-Rem 700 handle still available for those that want to fit stocks already inletted for Rem 700 with Rem 700 handle)
- Hardened Stainless Steel Action Body(40 Rc)
- Hardened and ground 4140 Bolt Body (44 Rc)
- Bolt Body to Action Body clearance <.002 inch
- Bolt Face perpendicular within .0002 inch -This is best in industry
- Manufactured Right Hand or Left hand
- Bolt Head and lugs designed to smoothly fit action raceway so that “anti-bind rail” is not needed
- 1 1/16 x 18 TPI Threading for barrel tenon
- Neatly executed spiral fluting on bolt body
- Silver brazed on Borden Machined Bolt Handle (Remington 700 handle available as option)
- 4 Boltface Sizes (Dakota, magnum, 308, 223) the 308 boltface extractor can be set to be able to successfully extract and eject ppc cases
- Double blind pinned recoil lug is available as an option
- There are NO TAPS used in the manufature of these actions
- Thread Milled 8×40 Blind Scope block holes
- Thread Milled 1/4×28 Guard Screw Holes
- Standard and “Magnum” port length available for Alpine and Timberline.
- Remington and Wyatt magazine wells available Mountaineer, Alpine and Timberline. The Ridgeline has has either a WSM well or standard well. Both use custom magazine boxes and floorplate systems available from Borden Accuracy.
- Single shot and repeaters available in each model
- Proprietary feed rails designed to smooth feed even Short Magnums and Ultra Magnums
- Sako style or Internal Hook extractor available. picture of Internal Hook Extractor
- Borden Standard Machined Handle Standard on Right or left hand actions
- Borden “Big Knob” Handle Available on Right or left hand actions
- Remington bolt handle is available as an option–be advised that Remington bolt handles may have casting marks and pits–they are what we receive from Remington and we are not responsible for the quality of these handles–we only offer for those that just have to have that handle.
- Borden Big Knob “shortie” bolt handle available as option
- Remington style nose on repeaters and thirty degree coned nose on single shots
Ring and Base options
Ring and base combinations made for Remington 700 actions will not work on Borden Alpine or Borden Timberline actions. The screw holes in our actions are 8×40 and are spaced .860 apart. The rear bridge is the same height as front receiver ring thereby eliminating the possibility of using bases made for the Remington 721/722/700 family of actions. Here are some options for Rings and bases we have available:
- Talley style bases made of 7050 Aluminum
- Talley unitized rings made for our actions. These rings do not utilize bases and are made specifically for our actions so that the foot of the ring fits within the scallops on the action. ($53)
- Hawkins Engineering Long Range Unitized 30MM medium rings with built in 25 MOA and built in level
- 1 piece Picatinny rails in neutral or 20MOA ramp made of aluminum or black oxide colored chrome moly steel .
- Holland Shooting Supply Picatinny two piece stainless steel bases (neutral)(Available from Holland)
- Aluminum Dovetail bases for rings such as Kelbly or J&J
Models and Pricing
Pricing column may not show on mobile devices-Table best viewed on desktop computer
|Model Designation||Action Length (nominal-inches)||Action Diameter (nominal-inches)||Port Length (Inches)||Action Weight (Ounces)||Magazine Wells||Configurations||Price (effective 6/1/15) Action body and bolt and double pinned recoil lug. No bottom metal or trigger included|
|Alpine||7.85||1.35||2.4||30 1/2||Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP; RBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 w/lug|
|Alpine||7.85||1.35||2.4||26 1/2||Remington 223 family; Remington 308 Family; Remington Short Magnum;||RBRP; LBLP ; RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160 with lug|
|Alpine Titanium||7.85||1.35||2.4||19||Remington 223 family; Remington 308 Family; Remington Short Magnum;||RBRP; LBLP ; RBLP;LBRP||$1900.00 with PVD treated bolt, shroud, action, pinned recoil lug|
|Alpine Magnum||7.85||1.35||2.75||30||Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP;RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Alpine (setup for Hunter Benchrest-has coned nose and mag well-will not feed)||7.85||1.35||2.4||26 1/2||Remington Standard||RBRP;RBLP; LBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Alpine Magnum||7.85||1.35||2.75||26||Wyatt Length Repeater||RBRP; LBLP;RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Alpine Magnum Titanium||7.85||1.35||2.75||20.16 ounces with steel lug||Wyatt Length Repeater||RBRP; LBLP;RBLP;LBRP||$1900.00 with pinned recoil lug and PVD action, bolt, shroud and recoil lug|
|Mountaineer Short Action||7.85||1.35||2.75||Remington short 223, rem Short STD; Rem Short WSM;Wyatt Short STD; Wyatt Short WSM; AW||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1095 without lug $1160 with lug|
|Ridgeline Action||8.22||1.35||3.12||27||Medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM||RBRP; LBLP||$1095 without lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Ridgeline Titanium||8.22||1.35||3.12||21.44 with steel lug||Medium Length Standard Medium Length WSM||RBRP; LBLP||$1925.00 with pinned lug, PVD bolt, action, shroud and recoil lug|
|Timberline||8.690||1.35||3.25||34 3/4||Single Shot||RBRP; LBLP ; RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline||8.690||1.35||3.25||29||Remington Std Mag and 30-06 Family; Remington Ultra Magnum||RBRP; LBLP; RBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline Titanium||8.690||1.35||3.25||21||Remington Std Mag and 30-06 Family; Remington Ultra Magnum||RBRP; LBLP; RBLP; LBRP||$1950.00 with pinned lug and PVD bolt, action, shroud and recoil lug|
|Timberline Magnum||8.690||1.35||3.5||34 1/4||Single Shot||RBRP;LBLP ;RBLP; LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline Magnum||8.690||1.35||3.5||28 1/2||Wyatt Std Magnum; Wyatt Ultra Magnum||RBRP;LBLP ;RBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 w/o lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Timberline Magnum Titanium||8.690||1.35||3.5||21.92 ounces with steel lug||Wyatt Std Magnum; Wyatt Ultra Magnum||RBRP;LBLP ;RBLP;LBRP||$1925 with pinned lug, PVD treat bolt, action, shroud and recoil lug|
|Mountaineer Long Action||8.690||1.35||3.5||Remington STD LONG; Rem ULTRA; Wyatt STD LONG; Wyatt LONG Ultra||RBRP;RBLP;LBLP;LBRP||$1095.00 without lug $1160.00 with lug|
|Option||Price||Available in online store|
|Coned Bolt Nose on Single Shot Models||NC||no|
|Optional Borden Big Knob Handle||$25.00||no|
|Optional Remington Bolt Handle||$50.00||no|
|M-16 style extractor on 308 or Magnum boltface (no longer available-see internal Hook extractor)||NA||no|
|Jewell HVR or HVRTS Trigger Blueprinted||$350.00||no|
|Timney Calvin Elite fitted and adjusted||$235.00||yes|
|Stainless Recoil lug pinned to action blind double pinned recoil lug||$65.00||no|
|.250 inch thick double ground recoil lug with pin holes and pins-not installed||$40.00||yes|
|Chrome Moly Action Body (in white)||$100.00||no|
|Left Bolt Left Port||NC||no|
|Talley Style Bases (7075 T6051 AL)||$35.00||yes|
|Black oxide Steel Picatinny Rail (neutral or 20 MOA)||$125.00||yes|
|Aluminum 20 Moa Picatinny Rail||$110.00||yes|
|Special Talley Unitized 1 inch or 30MM Rings for Actions||$53.00||yes|
|Hawkins Engineering Long Range rings with built in level and 25 MOA||$130.00||yes|
|Dovetail Bases for Kelbly Rings||$35.00||yes|
|ADL Style Machined Aluminum Trigger Guard||$38.00||yes|
|Short or long Action Machined BDL Floorplate with Remington or Wyatt Box, follower, spring, screws(FITTED)||$275.00||no|
|Short action or Long action machined BDL Floorplate with wyatt box, follower and spring||$300.00||no|
|Ridgeline Machined trigger guard/floorplate system with mag box, follower and spring||$300.00||no|
|Extra complete bolt assembly with extractor and firing pin and ejector||$525.00||no|
|Extra complete firing pin assembly||$165.00||no|
All of the Right hand and left hand versions of the Alpine and Timberline actions are available.
Delivery time is currently approximately 12 to 16 weeks.
Your questions and business are important to us. Please feel free to call for Details 570-965-2505.
Actions can be bought directly from us or from one of these retailers:
Eurooptic, 439 Crawford Alley, Montoursville PA 17754, 570-368-3920 email@example.com
Taylor Accuracy, Greg@tayloraccuracy.com, 303-802-7008
ALL DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
Prices Are Subject To Change Without Notice.
Shipping Charges Additional.
PA Residents Add 6% Sales Tax.
Non refundable Deposit Must Accompany All Action Or Complete Rifle Orders.
Shipment Will Not Be Made Until FFL Is Received.
We strive to make an exceptional quality product and in order to accomplish
that, delivery times are NOT guaranteed.
All Prices are listed as discounted cash prices-Check, Money order or credit card is same as cash
For general policies click here
Call to make an order
Borden Rifles, 1325 Sheldon Hill Road, Springville PA 18844
Prices are listed are for check, money order or MC, Visa, Discover